(203) 372-7772

4666 Main Street Bridgeport, CT 06606

Our Attorneys

George W. Ganim, Sr.

George W. Ganim, Sr. is the founder and senior partner of the firm. He received his law degree from the University of Boston in 1951 where he was Editor of the University's Law Review.

more »
Thomas G. Ganim

Thomas G. Ganim received his undergraduate degree from Fairfield University in 1989. Tom attended the University of Bridgeport School of Law and was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 1992.

more »


Workers' Compensation

How long do Workers' Compensation benefits continue?

Workers' Compensation benefits may continue indefinitely, provided eligibility criteria continue to be met.

How much will I be paid for time out of work?

Workers' Compensation disability is 80% of your after-tax wages based on the highest 39 weeks of the previous 52 weeks of earnings prior to your date of injury.

Criminal Law

When do I have the right to an attorney?

United States law guarantees every individual has the right to legal counsel. You do not have to speak to a police officer, and you shouldn't unless you have legal counsel present.

Do I need a lawyer for my criminal case?

You have the best chance of getting your charges lessened or dropped completely when you secure the help of a good criminal defense attorney.

Medical Malpractice

Can I file a malpractice suit against someone other than a doctor?

Yes, anyone who provides healthcare can be responsible for malpractice if they do not follow procedures in their area.

I was misdiagnosed. Do I have a malpractice case?

Unfortunately, you may not have a case. Law does not require doctors to be right all the time, but only that actions meet their practice areas' standards.

Personal Injury

Do I need a personal injury attorney?

If you have been hurt by someone else's carelessness, negligence, or wrongful actions, you should seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer who will investigate and represent your claim. You can seek compensation on your own, but an attorney helps ensure success in this complicated legal process.

What type of compensation can I receive for my personal injuries?

Ganim, Ganim & Ganim P.C. can assist you in obtaining compensation for your pain and suffering as well as any associated medical costs. Every case is different.

Probate Law

What is Probate?

Probate is the formal legal process that gives recognition to a will and appoints an executor who will administer the estate and distribute assets to the beneficiaries.


What are the grounds for divorce in Connecticut?

In Connecticut the Court will issue a judgment of divorce on the grounds the marriage has irretrievably broken down, not placing "fault" on one party. This means a couple can get divorced without one party having to prove the other was at fault.

How long does an action for divorce or legal separation take?

Once the legal paperwork is filed, Connecticut has a 90-day waiting period.

Child Custody

What does the court take into consideration when deciding who will get custody of the child/children?

Courts use the standard "best interests of the child" when deciding custody issues. Exactly what those best interests are depend on many factors, including but not limited to: the child's age, sex, health, the parent's health and lifestyle, bonds between child and parents, the child's living patterns and child's preference (over a certain age).

Does custody always go to only one parent?

No, courts frequently award partial custody or "joint custody" to both parents.

Child Support

How do I get child support?

You must have a court order to receive child support. You should hire an attorney to pursue your case in court. Courts use mandatory guidelines to make fair and consistent child support orders.

How do I enforce a child support order?

If you are not receiving child support you are entitled to, the court will enforce the child support by: Income withholding, contempt and license suspension. An attorney can represent you and file court papers.

Alimony/Spousal Maintenance

Do all divorces or separations involve alimony or spousal maintenance?

No, this is a common misconception. Only 10-15% of divorces have any type of spousal maintenance, although most divorces that are litigated do involve spousal support.

Property Division

Who gets to stay in the house?

If there are children involved, the parent who will be spending the most time with the children usually gets the house. If one party owns the house, they can ask the other party to leave. If the home is owned by both parties and the parties cannot agree on who will keep the house, the court will decide during the divorce proceedings.

The Hague Convention Custody Cases

What is Hague Convention Custody?

The Convention was created to ensure the prompt return of children who have been abducted from their country of residence.

Orders of Protection

What is an order of protection?

An order of protection is issued by the court to limit the negative behavior of someone who has hurt another person or who has threatened to hurt another.

What can I do if someone violates an order of protection?

It is a crime to violate an order of protection. If you feel threatened, you should call the police. The individual in violation will get arrested.

Real Estate Law

What is real estate law?

Real estate law governs laws and litigation, which has to do with property including homes, commercial property and other types of real estate.

I am purchasing a new home, should I hire an attorney?

Since you will be signing contracts and a substantial amount of money will most likely be involved, you should hire an attorney to protect your interests and ensure the entire process is legal and valid.

Construction & Development

When will I need an attorney for Commercial Construction and Development?

Commercial Construction and Development claims can be very difficult and they require experience and knowledge of all applicable statutes and laws concerning the claim. If you are dealing with a Construction or Development issue, you will need an experienced litigation attorney to assist you.